This information applies to Cruzio’s Website Hosting services. If you purchased web and domain hosting with Cruzio after July 2006, you likely have a Website Hosting services. Otherwise, you may have a Classic domain. If you have a Classic domain, you will need to contact Cruzio if you want to add SPF records to your domain.
Setting up a SPF Record on your domain will help prevent spammers forging email from your domain. Learn more at openspf.org.
You can use the SPF Record Wizard to create a record to put on your domain.
Adding an SPF record in your control panel
- Log in to your domain control panel with the Cruzio Domain Tools.
- Select the domain name you want to create the SPF record for. If you are on host 6 or 7, this can be accessed by first clicking Domains under the Main Menu in the upper left hand corner.If you do not know what host number you are on, after you log into your control panel, look at the URL at the top of your browser. You will see it start with
https://hostfollowed by a number. That is the host number you are on.
- If you are on host 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, click DNS Settings under the Services section. If you are on host 6 or 7, click DNS Settings under the Web Site section.
- Under the Tools section, Click “Add record.”
- Under “Record type,” open the dropdown menu and choose TXT.
- In the field next to “Enter TXT record,” paste your SPF record. Click OK.