For ShopSite users, every image on a secure page, such as checkout pages, should be at a Secure URL. Otherwise, shoppers’ browsers may display security warnings. This help page describes how to ensure that images on secure pages are at a Secure URL.
Uploading Images to Your Media Folder
ShopSite provides a folder labeled Media for uploading your images to. Images in this folder are assigned a Secure URL for use on your ShopSite secure pages.
- Log into your ShopSite admin page.
- Click the “Images” icon.
- Make sure “Media” is highlighted under the Directories column, then click the “Upload Images” button.
- If you want to upload more than one image, click the drop down menu for “Number of images to upload” and select the number of images you want to upload.
- For each image you want to upload, click the “Browse” button and locate your image. Once all your images have been selected, click the “Upload” button.
Your images will now have been uploaded to the Media folder.
Enable Secure URL
ShopSite has a setting that is specifically for using the drop down menus in its interface to select an image from the Media directory. ShopSite will then automatically know both the Secure and Non-Secure URL to that image and use them accordingly. So a secure page on ShopSite, such as a check out page, will know to use the Secure URL of the image.
- Log into your ShopSite admin page.
- Click the “Preferences” icon.
- Click the “Hosting Service” button.
- Under the SSL Security Settings section, locate “Use SSL security in Shopping Cart”. If that checkbox in not checked, click it to enable it.
- Locate “Secure Store URL”.
If you are on Classic hosting, this should be set to:https://www#.cruzio.com/shopsite-images
Where # will match the number you see while logged into your ShopSite admin page in the URL at the top of your browser following the ‘https://www’. For example, if at the top of your browser the URL starts with ‘https://www4’, then the URL in “Secure Store URL” should show:
If you are on Website Hosting services, this should be set to:https://secure.cruzio.com/store-subdomain.domain.com/media
Where store-subdomain is the store’s subdomain (or name of your store) and domain.com is your domain name. For example, if the URL for your ShopSite store is normally http://shop.example.com, “shop” would be the store-subdomain and example.com would be the domain name. Then in this example, the URL in “Secure Store URL” should show:
- Click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Now any page on your ShopSite admin interface that has a drop down menu for images will automatically use the Secure URL for the image on a secure page.
In addition to the image drop down menus in the ShopSite interface, you can also display these images by typing the full URLs in appropriate fields in your ShopSite configuration. Also, if the “Secure Store URL” is not set, or is not set correctly, you will have to manually enter the full https URL to each image.
If you are on Classic hosting, the URL for an image in the Media folder will be:
Where domain.com is your domain name, shopsite-directory is the name of your ShopSite directory (which should have the same name as your ShopSite username), and image.jpg is the name of the image you uploaded to the Media folder (the .jpg extension was just used as an example, you are not limited to that extension).
If you are on Website Hosting services, the URL for an image in the Media folder will be:
Where store-subdomain is the store’s subdomain (or name of your store), domain.com is your domain name, and image.jpg is the name of the image you uploaded to the Media folder (the .jpg extension was just used as an example, you are not limited to that extension).