This information applies to Cruzio’s Website Hosting services. If you purchased web and domain hosting with Cruzio after July 2006, you likely have a Website Hosting services. Otherwise, you may have a Classic domain.
This help page explains how to access phpMyAdmin through your Website Hosting account. phpMyAdmin allows a user to create and manage databases, tables, fields, indexes, users, permissions, etc. Under no circumstances should you try to change an existing database if you are not aware of why it should be changed.
- Go to http://login.cruzio.com and enter your domain name, select “Control Panel” and click “go”. Then log into your control panel with your admin username and password.
- Select the domain on which the database you wish to access through phpMyAdmin is located. If you are on host 6 or above, this can be accessed by first clicking “Domains” under the Main Menu in the upper left hand corner.If you do not know what host number you are on, after you log into your control panel, look at the URL at the top of your browser. You will see it start with ‘https://host’ followed by a number. That is the host number you are on.
- For host 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, look under the “Services” header and select “Databases”. For host 6 or later, look under the “Applications & Services” header and then select “Databases”.
- If you would like to create a new database, select “Add New Database” which is located below the “Tools” header and follow prompts.
- Under the “Databases” header, select which database you would like to manage.
- Find the “Tools” header and select “DataBase WebAdmin.” This will generate a pop-up window that will take you to phpMyAdmin. Be sure to disable any pop-up blockers you might have in place.
- Once phpMyAdmin is opened, select “Databases” which is a link located in the main window.
- Select the database name you would like to manage. You now have access to that database.