- Connect a computer to the Netgear wireless router with an Ethernet/network cable. You can use any of the 4 ports grouped in the back. Make sure the Netgear is powered on.
- Open your Web browser. In the address bar, enter 192.168.1.1 and press the Enter or Return key.
- A window will appear asking for a login and password.The default login name is: admin
The default password is : password
Enter this info and click OK.
- Once logged in, click the Wireless Settings link on the left.
- Underneath Security Options, select the third option: WPA-PSK [TKIP].
- Where it says Passphrase, type in your new password. Your new password must be at least 8 characters. It can have both letters and numbers, and is case sensitive. You may want to write it down and keep it in a safe place.
- Click Apply. The Netgear will restart. Once the router has completely restarted, you’re done.