This help page is for Cruzioworks customers. It explains how to configure their computers to use the Cruzio in-house network printer from their coworking space.
How to Add a Network Printer for Windows Users
- Connect to CruzioWorks network as you normally would on your computer.
- Open your browser and type in http://tinyurl.com/canon-MF6180
- Scroll down to “Drivers and Downloads” and confirm that the correct operating system was auto-selected by the drop down menu.
- Click on the “Select” button to the right of [Windows XXbit] imageCLASS MF6180dw/MF6160dw MFDrivers (UFR II / PCL / PS3 / FAX / ScanGear). In the newly expanded window, check the box agreeing to the terms and conditions, and then click “Download”.
- Navigate to your download location, and double-click on the driver to install it.
- The installation wizard will now begin. Click “Yes” to agree to the terms agreement.
- Select “network connection” and on the firewall prompt select “no”.
- On the device list, select “MF6100 Series” and click “next”. If there is no item listed, check your internet connection and then click “update device list”. If there is still no item listed, click “Search by IP Address” and enter 184.108.40.206.
- Check Printer box ONLY, then click next. Select “PCL6 Printer Driver” ONLY, then click next.
- OPTIONAL: type “CruzioWorks Printer” in the Printer Name box.
- Click “Next”. Then click “Start”. Select default printer, click “next”, uncheck the print test page box, click “next” once more, and then click “exit”
Entering and Saving Your Department ID
1. Go to Start menu. Open Control Panel. Click “Devices and Printers”
***FOR WINDOWS 10 USERS: Go to Start menu, click “Settings”. Then click “Devices”. A new window will pop up. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Devices and Printers”***
2. Double-click on Canon MF6100 Series PCL6.
3. Click “Display printer/FAX properties”. Another window will pop up.
4. Click on the Device Settings tab.
5. Make sure Department ID Management(J) is checked. Then click “Settings”. Another window will pop up.
6. In the Department ID box, enter your ID number. If you don’t know it, it is your account number on your billing statement.
7. Click “OK”, click “Apply”, and then “OK” once more.
How to Add a Network Printer for Mac Users
Connect to the CruzioWorks network as you normally would on your computer.
- Open your browser and type in: http://tinyurl.com/canon-MF6180
- Scroll down to “Drivers and Downloads”, and slightly above that confirm that the correct Operating System was auto-selected by the drop down menu.
- Click on the “Select” button to the right of MF Printer Driver & Utilities. In the newly expanded window, check the box agreeing to the terms and conditions, and then click “Download”.
- Navigate to your download location, double-click on the driver to install it, and then follow the installation steps until completion—success! These drivers will come in handy in a few steps.
- Click on the Apple Icon in the upper left of your screen. Select “System Preferences” and then “Printers and Scanners”.
- Click on the + icon on the left side of the window to add the new printer.
- Select IP and enter 220.127.116.11 in the address box. Within the same window select “Line Printer Daemon” from the pulldown menu below.
- Use “Select”, then “Select Printer Software”, and look for “Canon MF6100 Series” in your list of installed drivers, click “Okay” and then click “Add”.
- When this is complete you should see a printer with the correct IP address in your printer list. Select the printer, click on “Options and Supplies”, select “Options”, and make sure you select “500 Sheet Drawer” from the drop down menu, and check the boxes that say “Department ID Management” and “Secured Print”.
Entering and Saving Your Department ID
- Open a web browser.
- Click on “File” in the upper left of your screen, then select “Print…”
- If your web browser has a unique Print screen (for example Chrome has this) make sure to also click on “Print using system dialog”.
- Click on “Show Details”, and on the drop down menu labeled “Layout”, click on that and instead choose “Authenticate and Print”
- Enter your Department ID in the Department ID space, leave PIN Number blank. Your ID is the same as your Account Number on Billing Statements, but you can also check with the front desk staff if you don’t know your ID.
- In the Presets drop down menu at the top of this window, select “Save Current Settings as Preset”, change the Preset Name to Cruzioworks, and specify “Only This Printer”.
- Click “Okay”, then click “Print” to fully commit changes to the Preset. You should only have to complete this process once and if done correctly your computer shouldn’t prompt you for your ID again, provided Cruzioworks is the active preset when printing documents.