Once you’ve added a domain to your Cruzio VPS, you may want to use that domain for email. This article describes how to create and connect to mailboxes for your domains.
To create a mailbox
- Log into your Virtualmin Control Panel at clientlogin.cruziohost.com:10000, replacing clientlogin with the login you chose when you signed up.
- Use the dropdown menu on the top left to select the domain you wish to create a mailbox for.
- Click “Edit Users”.
- Click “Add a user to this server”.
- Fill in the “Email address”, “Real name” and “Password” fields.
- You can configure advanced options in the other settings areas on this page. The defaults should be appropriate for most users.
- Click “Create”.
The user is now created.
To connect to a mailbox using POP or IMAP
Configure your POP or IMAP client, such as Mac OS X Mail or Microsoft Outlook, with these settings:
- Incoming and outgoing Mailserver
- The domain name you added (including the .com or other TLD).
- Use SSL
- Your username is listed in the “Edit Users” screen under the “IMAP / POP3 / FTP login” column. If you haven’t changed the way usernames are created, it should take this form: login.domain
The first time you connect using this newly created account, you may be asked to accept a security certificate from the server.
To connect to a mailbox using Webmail
Virtualmin has a user-level control panel called “Usermin”.
You can reach the Usermin control panel directly by visiting domain:20000.
When logging in to the Usermin interface, your username is just the login name (not login.domain).