Create a Wholesale Section in ShopSite on a Classic Domain
This information applies to Classic Cruzio domain hosting. If you purchased Web and domain hosting with Cruzio before July 2006, you likely have a Classic domain. Otherwise, you may have Cruzio’s Website Hosting services.
» Website Hosting Wholesale Instructions
This help page explains how to set up a wholesale section in your ShopSite store. (Wholesale is the sale of goods to other retailers for resale purposes.) It can be used to sell products in larger quantities, at different prices, and to change other details relating to your products as needed.
Creating a wholesale directory in your Web space
First, you’ll need to create a new area, or directory, to hold your wholesale page or pages.
- Launch an FTP program, such as FileZilla or CyberDuck. Using your FTP login and password (which may be different from your ShopSite login and password), connect to your domain’s Web space.
- In your FTP program, go to your
- Look for your ShopSite directory, which should have the same name as your ShopSite username. Go to this directory.
- Inside this directory, create a new directory, and name it
Protecting your wholesale directory with a password
You should keep your wholesale directory password-protected. If anyone tries to visit the wholesale area of your store, they will be prompted to log in with a username and password.
- Go to http://login.cruzio.com and enter your domain name. Select “Control Panel” and click “Go”. Then log in with your admin username and password.
- Click the Manage URL Passwords button.
- In the Add/Change Password Protected URL section, enter the URL of your wholesale directory. For example:
where domain.com is your domain name and shopsite-directory is your ShopSite directory (the one that you created the wholesale folder in).
In the Title section, enter any descriptive title you like. This is just for your own identification purposes and has no effect on your directory.
Click “Add/Change URL lock.”
- Locate the “Add/Change User” section. From the drop down menu, select the URL you added in step 3.Create a username and password for your wholesale section by filling out the fields provided, then click “Add/Change URL user.”
- Password protection is complete.
Creating your wholesale page
Have Cruzio change the directory “owner”
Before you can proceed, you’ll need Cruzio to help you. So that your ShopSite can access your new wholesale directory, contact Cruzio and ask that we change the ownership of the wholesale directory to
www. Please refer to this document when you contact Cruzio.
Add a new page in ShopSite
After Cruzio has made that change, you can use ShopSite to create a page to contain your wholesale products:
- Log in to your ShopSite admin page.
- Click the Pages icon.
- Create a new page by clicking “Add a Page”.
- Customize your wholesale page as you like.In the Advanced Info section, set “File name” to
where filename is whatever word you’d like, as long as it does not contain spaces or uppercase letters.
When you’ve finished editing the page, click Save.
Add products to your wholesale page
Now, populate your wholesale page with products:
- Click the Products icon.
- If you have a wholesale product already created, click List All Products and locate your wholesale product. Select it and click Edit Product Info.If you do not already have a wholesale product created, click the Add a Product button.
- Locate the Product Pages section and click the Select button.In the list under “Product is not in these pages”, select your wholesale page and then click Add.Click OK.
- Customize the rest of the product settings as you wish. When you’re done, click Save Changes.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for any additional wholesale products.
Publish the new page
Now, Shopsite just needs to recognize your new page. There should be a yellow tab in the upper right corner of the ShopSite admin page that says Publish. Click Publish, let it process, and it will say “Done!” when complete.
If you do not see the Publish tab, click the Utilities icon instead. Then click the Publish button. Finally, click the Regenerate button. It will say “Done!” when complete.
Your wholesale page is now online. To have a look at it, go to
where domain.com is your domain name and filename is the file name you chose earlier for your wholesale page. You will be prompted for a login and password, which are the ones you set up earlier. Once you’ve logged in, you will be able to see your new wholesale page.
Inviting your resellers to your wholesale store
Contact your resellers, and provide them with the address of your new wholesale page, along with the username and password.